It’s springtime ladies and that usually means more sun, more glow, more color! In my case, that also means more sunscreen, more makeup, and more oil. As a girl who is always on the go, I don’t always have the time to re-apply my makeup or touch up on almost anything. My trick is to find the products that work the best and the products that are long-lasting. I usually “Google”, read as many reviews as I can, and ask a lot of questions at the makeup counter. I try out different products, always aiming for the OIL-FREE or acne solution (with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide). With a history of acne prone and very sensitive skin, I was excited to hear about Neutrogena’s latest skin care line. Why? Keep reading.
Along with a handful of products, I got my hands on Neutrogena’s Beauty and Skinkcare regimen for a beautiful inside & out look. I tried it out.
Cleansing. Having a cleansing routine is the utmost important thing (most importantly for those with sensitive skin). I thoroughly wash my face twice a day, once in the morning, once at night. My take on Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes and the Neutrogena Oil-Free Pink Grapefruit Cleansing wipes? I absolutely love the Makeup remover wipes! Right before bed, I remove my makeup with the makeup removers and when I’m feeling too tired to wash my face I follow-up with the cleansing wipes. However, I do not recommend making this your routine. Rinse your face and exfoliate from time to time.
Moisture and sunscreen. I am big on moisturizer and SPF. We need to protect our face from the sunrays and keep it tight and healthy with the right moisturizer. I tried out Neutrogena’s ultra sheer sunscreen (SPF 45) and I surprisingly liked it because it was sheer and unlike most sunscreens, didn’t leave a shiny look or that unpleasant scent.
Cosmetics. Now as far as the make-up goes, I’ve always been a fan of Neutrogena. It’s affordable, not too heavy on the face, and it looks natural. My favorite products from this new line are the following:
- I have been a fan of rice paper for years; I had no idea it would ever be offered in a compact until Neutrogena introduced me to the Shine Control Powder. This powder instantly eliminates shine, layers invisibly over makeup, and provides you with a matte finish. A tip from a makeup artist, apply the rice paper powder, apply your makeup powder for coverage, and finish it off with the powder. Seems like a lot, but so far it’s worked perfectly.
- Primer. I haven’t always been a big fan of primers because of the fear that it might clog up pores and cause a breakout. However, Neutrogen’s Shine Control Primer was just right, it felt light, easy to apply and so far, no breakouts!
- Conditioning Lip color. I’ve been seeking for the perfect lip COLOR conditioner. I think I found it. The Moisture Smooth Color Stick applies COLOR and CONDITIONER at the same time, and doesn’t leave that ugly matte look like lipstick does.
Long-lasting eye makeup. If you don’t have time to apply an eye shadow but you want your eyes to pop SOMEHOW, then the Crease Proof Eye Shadow is perfect for you.
Not my favorite:
- I have been loyal to my foundation for years, and I was skeptical to try something different but I did. I gave the Neutrogena Shine Control makeup with SPF 20 (color: nude 40) a try and I wasn’t a big fan. Why? Like I mentioned earlier, I need something that is going to last. The shine control foundation was light, it felt natural, not heavy at all but it didn’t offer that full coverage I was looking for. If you’re not a big fan of pounding on foundation or makeup, this might be the product for you.
- I have YET to find the perfect mascara. I have short and straight lashes, and after curling them, I need something that is going to make them POP and not weigh them down. Healthy Lengths Mascara was a no for me.
I was excited to come across Neutrogena’s newest line and to learn that it offered exactly what I needed (oil-free products). I often splurge on makeup products thinking that the more expensive, the better. That clearly isn’t always the case.
To check out the products yourself, visit http://www.neutrogena.com/.
Disclosure: This post is part of a sponsored campaign in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and Neutrogena.